Virtual Field Trip with the West Basin Municipal Water District - Science Standards
Potential Next Generation Science Standards Included in this Virtual Field Trip:
- ESS3.C: Human Impacts on Earth Systems: Human activities have significantly altered the biosphere, sometimes damaging or destroying natural habitats and causing the extinction of other species. But changes to Earth’s environments can have different impacts (negative and positive) for different living things. (MS-ESS3-3)
- ESS2-3.Obtain information to identify where water is found on Earth and that it can be solid or liquid.
- ESS2-2. Describe and graph the amounts of saltwater and freshwater in various reservoirs to provide evidence about the distribution of water on Earth.
- ESS3-1. Obtain and combine information about ways individual communities use science ideas to protect the Earth’s resources and environment.
- MS-ESS3. Apply scientific principles to design a method for monitoring and minimizing a human impact on the environment.