Sponsored by EarthEcho International (“Sponsor”) in association with Partners.
OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES NO PURCHASE, ENTRY FEE, OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. OPEN ONLY TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA AND ONLY TO PERSONS 13 YEARS OF OLD AND OVER ON DATE OF ENTRY.
By entering the Choose to Cruise Contest (“Contest”), each entrant (“Entrant”), or Entrant’s parent or legal guardian if Entrant is under 18 years old at the time of entry: (i) accepts and agrees to be bound by these Official Rules and (ii) agrees that District of Columbia courts have jurisdiction over any dispute or litigation arising from or relating to the Contest and that venue shall only be in the District of Columbia. Any violation of these Official Rules may, at Sponsor’s discretion, result in disqualification. All decisions of the Sponsor regarding the Contest are final and binding in all respects.
1. CONTEST PERIOD. Contest begins on June 21, 2017 at 12:01am EDT, and ends on June 22, 2017, at 11:59 P.M. EDT, when all post submissions (“Submissions”) must be received (“Contest Period”).
2. ELIGIBILITY. The Contest is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia who are at least 13 years old but no more than 25 years old as of the date of entry. Officers, directors, members and employees of the Sponsor and any other person or Partner associated with the development or administration of the Contest, the immediate family (i.e., parents, children, siblings, spouse) of such individuals, and those residing in the same household as such individuals are not eligible to participate in the Contest. The Contest is void where prohibited by law. Entrants who are under the age of 18 at the time of entry must have the permission of at least one of their parents and/or legal guardians to enter.
3. HOW TO ENTER. To enter the Contest, create a social media post (video or still photo) capturing you using skateboarding as a primary means of transportation and post publicly on Twitter, Instagram, or Facebook. Tag @EarthEcho and use the hashtag #Choose2Cruise to be entered to win. Ask friends and family to like, share, retweet, or repost. The ten hashtagged posts with the highest engagement will be selected by the EarthEcho International Youth Leadership Council from those shared on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook. These top ten posts will be shared on EarthEcho’s Facebook Page and winners will be contacted to receive prizes. Only one Submission per person is eligible to win. Submissions shall not depict any trademarks of other companies other than EarthEcho International. Submissions must be original and not infringe upon intellectual property rights, privacy rights, publicity rights, ownership or any other legal or moral rights of any third party. If the Submission is written and/or performed other than by Entrant, Entrant must have permission from those persons to upload the Submission. By uploading a Submission, Entrant warrants that those persons also agree to these Official Rules. Sponsor, in their sole discretion, will verify eligibility and compliance with the Official Rules and may reject any entries determined at any time to be ineligible and/or noncompliant.
4. WINNER SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION. All Submissions will be judged for eligibility on or about June 22, 2017 (the “Judging Date”), by a panel of judges comprised of representatives of the Sponsor’s Youth Leadership Council and partners (“Judging Organizations”) as determined appropriate by the Sponsor. The judges will score Submissions based on their organic engagement with a larger audience network through “likes”, “shares”, “retweets”, or “reposts”. Odds of winning depend upon eligibility and the quality of Submissions received, as determined by the judging criteria. The Submission with the highest overall score will be declared the Grand Prize winner. Submissions with the second, third, fourth, and fifth highest scores thereafter will be declared second, third, fourth, and fifth place winners, respectively. Sponsor will take reasonable steps to contact each of the winners during the week of June 26, 2017. Winners may be required to complete, sign and return within five (5) business days, an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability Release, an Acknowledgement of Assignment of Rights and a Publicity Release.
5. PRIZE DESCRIPTION. There will be one (1) Grand Prize winner, one (1) Second Place winner, one (1) Third Place winner, one (1) Fourth Place winner, and one (1) Fifth Place winner, assuming a sufficient number of Submissions are received. Prizes will be announced on Sponsor social media channels during the contest. In addition to the above prizes, one or more of the winners’ Submissions may be selected to appear on the websites of the Sponsor and various partner social media sites. Timing of all prizes is at the sole discretion of the Sponsor.
6. TAXES. Unless otherwise expressly noted in these Official Rules, all federal, state and/or local income and other taxes are the winners’ sole responsibility.
7. OWNERSHIP AND LICENSE. The copyright in any Submission shall remain the property of Entrant, but by entering the Contest Entrant grants to Sponsor and their agents, successors and assigns, an irrevocable and perpetual license, without further compensation, with or without attribution, to use, reproduce, print, publish, transmit, distribute, perform, adapt, enhance and/or display such Submission, and Entrant’s name and/or likeness, in any and all media now in existence or hereinafter created, throughout the world in furtherance of Sponsor’s mission.
8. NO PRIZE TRANSFER OR SUBSTITUTION. No prize or any portion thereof is transferable or redeemable for cash. Any portion of the prize that is not used is forfeited. No substitutions for prize except by Sponsor, in which case a prize of equal or greater value will be substituted at Sponsor’s option.
9. CONSENT, RELEASE, AND ADDITIONAL CONDITIONS FOR RECEIVING GRAND PRIZE. By entering the Contest, each Entrant releases and discharges the Sponsor, Judging Organizations, and any other party associated with the development or administration of the Contest, their parent, subsidiary and affiliated entities, and each of their respective officers, directors, members, shareholders, employees, independent contractors, agents, representatives, successors and assigns (collectively, “Releasees”), from any and all liability whatsoever in connection with the Contest, including without limitation legal claims, costs, injuries, losses or damages, demands or actions of any kind (including without limitation personal injuries; death; damage to, loss of or destruction of property; rights of publicity or privacy; defamation; or portrayal in a false light)—collectively, “Claims.” Except where prohibited: (i) entry in the Contest constitutes the consent of each Entrant, without further compensation, to use his/her name, likeness, biographical data, contact information and his/her Submission for editorial, advertising, marketing, publicity, and administrative purposes by the Sponsor and/or others authorized by the Sponsor; and (ii) entry in the contest constitutes a release by Entrant of the Releasees from any and all Claims in connection with the administration of the Contest and the use, misuse or possession of his/her Submission or any prize.
10. DISCLAIMERS. (i) Sponsor is not responsible for Submissions that are lost, late, misdirected, incorrect, garbled or incompletely received, for any reason, including by reason of hardware, software, browser or network failure, malfunction, congestion or incompatibility at Sponsor’s servers or elsewhere. (ii) Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any person tampering with the entry process or the operation of the www.seventhgeneration.com/earthecho Platform or any of the Releasees’ websites or otherwise attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest. Use of bots or another automated process to enter is prohibited and may result in disqualification at the sole discretion of Sponsor. (iii) Sponsor further reserves the right to cancel, terminate or modify the Contest if it is not capable of completion as planned, including by reason of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, force majeure or technical failures of any sort. (iv) Releasees are not responsible for errors in the administration or fulfillment of the Contest, including without limitation mechanical, human, printing, distribution or production errors, and the Sponsor may cancel, terminate or modify the Contest based upon such error at its sole discretion without liability. In no event will Sponsor be responsible for awarding more than the number of prizes specified in these rules. (v) In the event the Contest is canceled or terminated, pursuant to subparagraph (iii) or (iv), Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may elect to select a winner from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance for any or all of the prizes offered herein. (vi) RELEASEES MAKE NO WARRANTIES, REPRESENTATIONS OR GUARANTEES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, IN FACT OR IN LAW, AS REGARDS THIS CONTEST OR THE MERCHANTABILITY, QUALITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE REGARDING ANY PRIZE OR ANY COMPONENT OF ANY PRIZE. (vii) CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY OF RELEASEES’ WEBSITES OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND/OR CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ATTORNEYS’ FEES) FROM ANY SUCH ENTRANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
11. APPLICABLE LAWS AND JURISDICTION. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations and shall be governed by the laws of the District of Columbia. All disputes arising out of or connected with the Contest will be resolved individually, and without resort to class action, exclusively by a state or federal court located in the District of Columbia. Should there be a conflict between the laws of the District of Columbia and any other laws, the conflict will be resolved in favor of the laws of the District of Columbia. To the extent permitted by applicable law, all judgments or awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket damages (excluding attorneys’ fees) associated with participation in the Contest and shall not include any indirect, punitive, incidental and/or consequential damages.
12. WINNER LIST. For a list containing the name(s) of the winner(s), send a self-addressed stamped envelope, within six (6) months of the Judging Date, to Choose to Cruise Contest Winner List, EarthEcho International, 2101 L St. NW Suite 800, Washington, DC 20037.
13. SPONSORSHIP. The Contest is sponsored by EarthEcho International, 2101 L St. NW Suite 800, Washington, DC 20037.