Virtual Field Trip: Farming from Coast to Coast
Recorded December 18th
Just in time for the holiday season, join EarthEcho International on a virtual field trip as we delve deeper into food and the water issues surrounding its production. We will visit two very different farms: one on the East Coast and one on the West Coast. Together we will explore the differences in their climate, agricultural practices, natural resource limitations and sustainable solutions. Classrooms watching live will be able to submit questions to be answered live on air, you won't want to miss it!
This virtual field trip will focus on the following high school Next Generation Science Standards, but will be entertaining & informative for all ages:
Earth & Space Sciences: Human Sustainability
- HS-ESS3-1: Construct an explanation based on evidence for how the availability of natural resources, occurrence of natural hazards, and changes in climate have influenced human activity.
- HS-ESS3-2: Evaluate competing design solutions for developing, managing, and utilizing energy and mineral resources based on cost-benefit ratios.
- HS-ESS3-4: Evaluate or refine a technological solution that reduces impacts of human activities on natural systems.
- ESS3.C Human Impacts on Earth Systems
- The sustainability of human societies and the biodiversity that supports them requires responsible management of natural resources.
- Scientists and engineers can make major contributions by developing technologies that produce less pollution and waste and that preclude ecosystem degradation.
Virtual field trips are approximately 50 minutes long.