Green Graduation Gifts
Wondering what to get the graduate in your family? How about getting them something thatâ€™s eco-friendly and matches their interests? Eco-friendly doesnâ€™t necessarily mean an organic shirt or Fair Trade items, although those are great as well. You can get something related to your graduateâ€™s interests that he/she will use longer term or something for his/her next stage in life, be it college or entering the â€œrealâ€ world. Some ideas:
- An adventure: Theyâ€™ve graduated and have the whole summer in front of themâ€”itâ€™s time for some adventure! Excitations or the Green Tortoise Bus Tour provide some fun experiences that theyâ€™ll remember for a long time.
- Transportation: Whether itâ€™s a brand new bike and/or related accessories, or a Eurail pass to help them on their wanderings, having a way to get around is always appreciated it (if itâ€™s an old car, you might want to promote the biking!).
- Sports equipment: Encourage him/her to spend time outdoors and play their favorite sport. Whether itâ€™s at the park or on a field, theyâ€™re still experiencing a bit of nature and hopefully learning to appreciate and respect it!
- Music: No, I donâ€™t mean CDs, I mean a gift card for music downloads, from a source such as iTunes. If they donâ€™t have an iPod or MP3 player, that might be an option. While youâ€™re at it, you can also get a solar charger like Solio to help them power it up (or power up their cell phone, which they are sure to be using!).
- Eco-friendly furniture: Be it for their dorm room in college or their apartment out of college, or even after grad school, home-related items are always welcome (but make sure they match your graduateâ€™s tastes!!). Choices include: Ikea, Eco-Furniture, 2modern (their eco-friendly section), Re-Modern and Vivavi, among many others.
- Eco-friendly anything! There are so many products out there, thereâ€™s bound to be one that fits his/her tastes. Great Green Goods is a blog to check out on eco-friendly items to buy. Take a look, or make something (as always, a good option for the creative types).
Let us know of other ideas youâ€™ve come up with!