EarthEcho is currently seeking a part-time Communications Coordinator.
POSITION: EarthEcho Communications Coordinator STATUS: Hourly, Part time or Consultant SUPERVISOR: Executive Director LOCATION: Washington, DC metro area preferred, ability to be virtual throughout continental US
EarthEcho International is a nonprofit 501c3 organization founded by siblings Philippe and Alexandra Cousteau in honor of their father Philippe Cousteau Sr., famous son of the legendary explorer Jacques-Yves Cousteau. EarthEcho International’s mission is to inspire young people worldwide to act now for a sustainable future. Visit www.EarthEcho.org for more information.
The Communications Coordinator will work with the Executive Director, EarthEcho’s communications consultant, and program staff to bring both structure and imagination to our growing number of communications activities. They must be a savvy project manager who is comfortable juggling multiple projects for different people on different timelines, while supporting communications efforts to all external constituents, including educators, young leaders, and donors.
Competitive candidates will have at least two years of communications-related experience and enjoy working on small teams whose members all wear many hats. They must readily connect the dots between communications, programs, and fundraising, and they must inspire their colleagues to see those connections as well. They should embrace the opportunity to create relationships and build bridges with the organization’s external stakeholders, while communicating with excellence and effectively across all media platforms.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Produce a monthly e-newsletter for 13,000+ constituents.
• Curate and maintain EarthEcho mailing lists.
• Create and maintain a catalog of still and video images, to allow for easy access to EarthEcho’s growing library of digital media.
• Assemble and contribute to the content of the annual report, and liaise with designer on layout.
• Plan and manage all social media. The ideal candidate will have experience with social media strategy and can create and maintain a social media calendar; be responsible for daily posts and ongoing responses; and recommend a strategy around Facebook ads.
• With guidance of Executive Director, produce and manage three annual, online fundraising campaigns.
• As needed, provide research and prepare materials on potential donors.
• Process all donor acknowledgements and maintain donor and prospect information utilizing Little Green Light donor database.
• Work with program staff to make general website updates for news and communications as needed.
• Respond in a timely fashion to all inquiries received by the organization’s general email inboxes.
• Apply for and manage Google AdWords grants.
• Liaise with EarthEcho’s graphic designer to produce all collateral materials as needed for conferences, trainings, etc., including flyers, postcards, and stickers.
• Work with program staff to develop goals and metrics for impact reporting related to all communications.
• Bachelor’s Degree
• A minimum of two years communications-related experience
• Specific experience with social media strategy
• Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal, and communication skills
• Experience working independently and proactively
• Strong time and fiscal management skills
• Highly organized with sharp attention to details
• Experience working with environmentally-focused organizations preferred but not required
• EarthEcho International is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
• This is a part-time hourly position for 15-20 hours/week.
• Hourly compensation rate is commensurate with experience.
Please send cover letter, resume, and brief writing sample to email@example.com.